That's right, I've cooked up a little something new for you all!
A FREE printable, and a tutorial for a quick DIY project!
I shared this on Instagram recently:
It's a fun little frame that graces my master bathroom, and makes me happy when I see it. Of course, the bowtied T-Rex jokesters do that too. I always wonder what the one is whispering to the other to make him laugh so hard...
Anyway, I've created a PDF file of the "Hello Beautiful" lettering that you can print and frame as is, or, if you want to get a little DIY adventurous, you can take it one step further and make one just like this yourself!
You will need:
- Printed PDF
- Picture frame with glass of your choice
- Sharpie Oil-Based paint pen in color of your choice. I recommend a fine tip.
- Blank paper for backing
Just follow these simple instructions:
- Choose a frame you like.
- Print the REVERSED version of the PDF file, and size it to fit your frame. The PDF prints as a standard 8.5"x11", and should fit perfectly in an 8x10 frame. Feel free to reduce or enlarge it as needed.
- Clean the glass of your frame well. Make sure it is completely dry before moving to the next step.
- Carefully center the page within the glass. Gently tape it down. Turn it over so you can work directly on the glass.
- Using the Oil-based sharpie paint pen, carefully trace the lettering through the glass. If you make a mistake, a little rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip can touch up any mistakes. Be very careful not to touch the paint while it is wet!
- Once the paint is completely dry, turn the glass over and remove the tape and printed PDF. Gently clean the glass of any tape and fingerprints.
- Reassemble the frame, placing your backing paper behind the glass so your lettering shows up. With the writing on the inside of the glass, you can easily clean it of any watermarks or fingerprints.
- Find a place to display your creation, snap a photo, and post it on Instagram, being sure to tag Slate & Quill!
Here is another idea: use a coloring page or other artwork as a backing - get creative!!
I can't wait to see what you create! Use the buttons below to download your FREE PDFs!